*This property is listed by an MVA Certified Expat Broker*
Spacious street-level duplex with four bedrooms and a wonderful, sunny south-facing garden on the residential stretch of this prominent avenue, approximately 50 meters from Sarphatipark. The house spans a total of 152sqm and was remodeled to a luxury standard by an interior architect, preserving the home's countless original period details.
This freehold property has numerous exquisite features, including a fireplace, ca. 3m-tall ceilings, chevron-pattern parquet flooring, a stunning open-plan kitchen, large bathroom, fitted wardrobes, storage space, double glazing, etc.
The property is in a central location in Oud Zuid; in the bustling De Pijp borough, close-by Amstel river and Albert Cuyp market, and also within walking distance of Utrechtsestraat and nearby Sarphatipark and its play amenities. De Pijp is particularly sought-after due to its wide range of restaurants, charming boutiques and lovely cafés. Amstel, Rai and Zuid train stations are within short cycling distance and offer excellent service to countless destinations, including Schiphol Airport. Noord Zuid line and Oost line are nearby. The location is easily accessible by car from the A10 beltway and A2 highway, and the area offers relatively good parking availability.
The private street-level entrance leads to the foyer and the hall with a coat closet, restroom and access to the main level and stairs to the first floor and the storage area in the basement.
The living room, with pocket doors, features a cosy sitting area around the fireplace at the front. There are lovely sill seats and the windows still have the original shutters. There are storage cupboards next to the tall pocket doors, which can be closed to separate the front and the back rooms.
The spacious and bright dining room at the rear was extended over the full width and is fitted with a spectacular open-plan kitchen with a range of fitted appliances and amazing storage space in the chef's island.
French doors open to the hardwood deck, from where wide steps lead down to the sunny yet secluded ca. 60sqm garden. The garden is paved and includes a number of lush and leafy borders, electrics and water. Added storage space has been created under the extension.
A gorgeous, original staircase leads from the central hall to the first floor, which accommodates four bedrooms. The master bedroom at the rear features beautiful custom-made wall-to-wall wardrobes with a fitted sink. The bedroom opens to the large south-facing balcony. The spacious bedroom at the front also features beautiful fitted wardrobes, one of which includes the fittings for the laundry machine and dryer. French doors open to a small street-facing balcony.
There are two more, smaller bedrooms, one at the front and one at the rear. The spacious, contemporary bathroom with floorheating is fitted with a bathtub, walk-in shower and beautiful double vanity. There is a separate restroom with a toilet and washbasin off the hall.
Stairs from the central hall lead down to a small ca. 8sqm-basement - ideal for storing skis, sports equipment, suitcases, etc.
- A traditionally built street-level duplex of these dimensions (152sqm incl. an 8sqm-basement) is a rarity in De Pijp.
- Situated on a gorgeous stretch of the street, lined with numerous stunning buildings, in between Sarphatipark and lively Van Woustraat, with a growing number of lovely boutiques and restaurants.
- Elegantly remodeled and fitted with beautiful parquet flooring, smooth wall and ceiling finishes with recessed lights, timber window frames with double glazing, modern technical equipment, etc.
- A sunny 60sqm-garden with sundeck.
- HOA with 3 members, HOA account balance of ca € 14,000.
- Current waiting list for a parking permit just ca. 2 months, according to information provided by the municipality.
- Plans under consideration to redevelop the street as a cyclist-focused street, where cars are welcome as guests.
- Freehold property.
- Quick closing negotiable.
Indicate which points of interest you want to show on the map.